Meringue Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
So if you’re looking for one more addition to your holiday cookie trays this year, definitely add these beautiful and delicious Meringue Coconut Thumbprint Cookies.
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup unsalted butter
1 cup confectioner's sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/3 cup raspberry preserves (can also substitute strawberry or apricot)
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar (for the meringue)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line your baking sheets with a sil-pat liner or parchment paper. Sift together flour and salt.
- Cream together butter and 1 cup confectioner's sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla extract to creamed mixture and beat well.
- Gradually blend the sifted dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and stir until batter is smooth.
- Add coconut to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Roll teaspoon sized balls of dough and place on the prepared baking sheet. Use your thumb to make a depression in the center of each cookie and fill with preserves.
- To make the meringue, beat the egg whites with 1/8 teaspoon salt until frothy. Gradually add 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Top each cookie with a teaspoonfuls of the meringue to cover the preserves.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!