Summer Berry Fruit Trifle Cups
I’m putting the sweet in summer with this super easy and delicious recipe for Summer Berry Fruit Trifle Cups that are perfect for any summer picnic. Ready to make in less than 15 minutes and chock full of fresh summer berries, these individual serving treats are the perfect refreshing dessert to enjoy after a day in the sun.
I always get asked for recipe suggestions to bring to BBQs and summer picnics. Having a dessert that is easy to transport, hand-held and will hold up without being refrigerated sometimes seems like an impossible feat to meet all of those requirements. I usually suggest Rice Krispie Treats or Indoor S’mores Bars as my go-to treats, but if you’re looking for something more refreshing and using fresh summer fruit, these fruit trifles are
I partnered with one of my favorite brands, OXO, to try out the new 8 Piece SNAP Glass Round Container Set to solve a major challenge of bringing dessert to a party: keeping all of the ingredients fresh, especially when it comes to fresh summer fruit. This set features 4 BPA-free borosilicate glass containers with matching leakproof lids, which can be kept in the fridge or freezer and can go straight into the microwave or oven.
The containers range in size from 1 cup to 7 cups, and for this recipe I stored the blueberries in the smallest 1-cup container and reserved the biggest container for the angel food cake, to make sure everything was fresh and nothing got squished.
The leakproof seal on the containers is a huge plus when transporting something juicy like these cut up strawberries. My favorite part of this recipe is how QUICK and EASY it is to prep in advance and assemble when you’re ready. It took me less than 10 minutes to rinse, chop and prep the four ingredients for these summer berry trifle cups.
While you could definitely have layered all of the ingredients in the 7-cup glass container and served with a pair of 2-in-1 Salad Servers, I prefer assembling these in clear plastic cups for an individual portion easy-to-enjoy treat! And when you’re done, the SNAP Glass containers are both nestable and stackable, which means they are easy to store.
So next time you’re looking for a super simple refreshing summer dessert, whip up a batch of these Summer Berry Fruit Trifle Cups and enjoy this sweet summertime!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by OXO, but all opinions are my own.
Summer Berry Fruit Trifle Cups
Yield: 6-8 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 8 oz Cool Whip (regular or lite)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box dry instant vanilla pudding mix
- Angel food cake
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- To make the fruit dip, in a large bowl whisk together the cool whip, vanilla extract, milk and vanilla pudding mix. It should be creamy, so you can add a little additional milk until its creamy and the pudding mix is fully incorporated. Set aside.
- To prepare the remaining trifle ingredients, cut up the angel food cake into 1-inch chunks and rinse the strawberries and blueberries. Cut the strawberries into small chunks, making sure to at least half the strawberries.
- Use clear plastic cups layer the ingredients starting with some angel food cake pieces on the bottom, top with a layer of fruit dip, then fresh fruit, and repeat. I like to top with a dollop of fruit dip and some fruit. Serve with a fork or spoon and enjoy this tasty treat on the go!